welcome in our first Ragab voice company blog, we specialize in Arabic voice over production and we can’t find any better start to talk about what is voice over exactly, so let’s deep into.
Voice over meaning
Voice over is referred to as off-camera or off-stage commentary, it’s called that because it is not part of the narrative.
Voiceover is used in podcasts, television production, filmmaking, theatre, audiobooks or other presentations.
Learn more How do you voice over on audiobooks? here,
Voice Over Specialists read from a script which provides for your voice and makes it enjoyable with It is a professional piece of audio work, this can break into as many files.you have the options for gaming, videos, cartoons, commercials as you like.
Voice over is not to be confused with the process of replacing dialogue with a translated version, which is called dubbing or revoicing, It is added to any existing dialogue.
What is the difference between voice-over and dubbing?
Whenever we answer the question about what is the voice over, we should know more about dubbing and make it clear.
When we talk about voice over we are talking about making everything from scratch, dialogue, the tone of dialogue and also make a scenario, but in Dubbing, you just make a copy from the scenario and the dialogue in a different language and it is also referred to as Language replacement.
voice over history
Voice over has along with history. Who don’t Know Walt Disney which was the first voice-over around the globe, It was created for Mickey Mouse in Steamboat Willie movie which took place in 1928.
To know more How to get into voice acting?
Best practice of voice over
The next question also came up: which practice you can follow to be a professional voice over:
- To pick a voice that reflects your brand’s message it is a very important thing When choosing voice-over for your video.
- Microphones can pick up nearby noises, So you must record in a quiet location and make sure that fans and air conditioning are turned off
- Make a test recording and review for ambient noise.
- speak normally and let the microphone work for you, there is no reason to whisper or shout, as this will help brighten the tone of your voice and make you sound crisper.
- The obligatory water drinking to get the mouth moist. If the Voice over is nervous, his mouth will be dry.
- If you are bored or unsure of what you want to say, that will really show in a voice-only recording, so Try to avoid colloquialisms and slang and be natural and calm and slightly upbeat, Some even recommend smiling as you speak.
- One of the most important things is to try to avoid taking great gasping breaths.
- And finally, make sure to listen to your recordings with headphones, not just through the speakers. It will reveal sounds you might not hear otherwise. Keep in mind that a large percentage of your audience will be listening to that way.
At last, we in Ragab Voice can help you record your voice, write your script, do your mixing, sound design, or rent our studio for a mega-hit record.