As we have mentioned before even a very unique tone of voice without training is nothing, no matter what you are gonna use your voice for, singing or performing voiceover roles. They are simple tricks and tactics to know how to improve your voice easily so don’t get cold feet to read them in the following points.
How to improve your voice?
- Don’t be afraid of trying to speak and create your own way in vocalizations
- Practicing every day will help you a lot to know how to improve your voice,10 minutes at least
- Start with some songs or scripts that are familiar to you, and you are getting it
- Read every day in a high tone! ! yeah that’s right and totally affects your practicing .pick up the daily newspaper and start reading an article and then start to diverse your choices to test your voice In different scripts ( newspaper, comic book, lines from any show or movie, etc. )
- Try to record those trials and listen to yourself and try to figure the mistakes out as possible as you can of course
- Work on fixing your position while you are practicing… Stand up with your back straight and your face looking directly forward. Make sure that your neck isn’t bent. Rest your tongue slightly at the bottom of your mouth, so that it almost touches your front bottom teeth. Slide your jaw from side to side gently to keep it relaxed
- Do breathing exercises to strengthen your diaphragm … stretching your rib cage as you inhale. Keep your rib cage open and then let your abdominal muscles relax while you breathe in.
What to eat and drink to improve your voice?
Maybe you still wondering is there any food or beverage that can help me in answering the question ..how to improve my voice?
In fact, there are many choices of food or drinks you can add to your daily meals ..and here are some options :
● drink at least 6 glasses of water every day. To keep your throat moisture so you can easily reach a deeper and richer range of sounds and tones. For sure Water that is lukewarm will be the best choice
Additional Suggestion. Adding lemon and honey to the water increase its effect
● Foods with high water proportion– like watermelon, apples, cucumber, and celery! ● Food with Protein sources –like chicken or baked fish are good foods, as they essential for having energy for longer periods ● Avoid junk food, spicy and alcohol. ● Make a Limitation of your usage of chocolate and dairy products.
Further tips to soften and flexible your voice
– There is always no harm from living with healthy lifestyle and habits which can positively affect your body, hair, skin and even your voice They seem very easy to you or may seem useless but please don’t give them the cold shoulder because they are as important as practicing in improving your voice and phonetics
– Get at least 8 hours of deep sleeping every night because if you are exhausted that will be reflected on your sound as well – Avoid overusing your voice,, keep your voice away from shouting, speaking loudly or trying to reach overtone all of a sudden without practice – And last but not least quit smoking now. Irritating your throat and vocal cords is not the only affection of cigarettes, it can also damage your lunges and its capacity of air ..which will affect the length of your breath as a result
Voice over-performing tip
Now you know that to be a voiceover actor that means you are only counting on your voice to deliver your message so you have to get deeper into the script and feel every single word to say it correctly with a suitable tone to get to the audience with the exact emotion.
At last, we in Ragab’s voice can help you record your voice, write your script, do you’re mixing, sound design or rent you our studio for a mega-hit record.