The approach to keep you on your feet into voice-over world is to find voice over auditions that add value to your voice and your experience as a voice-over actor, discover here how to hunt your chance!
Voice over auditions
As a beginner in voice-over career-launching quickly is such a good thing for you, you need a good push to make your launching remarkable and worthy.
Just remember to be patient as this job market becomes too competitive, don’t only count on your great voice talent as long as you don’t search enough and make effort to brand yourself.
The golden role here that beginners look for voice over auditions, not the other way around.
How to find voice over auditions?
To be honest, getting your client at this stage is quite hard, many voice actors spend a lot of time finding a job or voice over auditions more than the time that they should spend practicing their voices, so to save your effort, money and time here’s a comprehensive list for you including the online and offline methods to find an audition and also branding yourself:
- Find your client in a person with all the sophisticated online marketing channels, nowadays, traditional ones still have their own effect; it’s totally cool to count on your social network for branding yourself as a voice-over actor.
- Check out the professional voice-over websites that offer auditions regularly and they are all free like voices.com, voice bunny, and voice123.
- The same kind of thing you can find on a bunch of unprofessional voice-over websites, that based on working as a freelancer like Khamsat and Fiverr.
- Enhance your personal social media platforms with your tracks, linked all them together, and always leave a space or a way for people to connect with you and here we especially mention LinkedIn and sound cloud.
- Attending any voice-over events or conferences will definitely increase your chances of getting more auditions.
- Making a good voice-over demo that represents all of your previous works could be also a factor to get more auditions.
- There is a well-known term in this field known as a cold call … reaching potential customers with an unexpected call. Some may see it as embarrassing, but it has proven its effectiveness, cold call builds a quick relationship with a client, plus it is really effective with no cost, Just make a list of your potential customers that you have searched about them earlier.
Voice-over jobs for beginners from home
Like any other industry, voice-over industry has totally migrated to the internet, although we mentioned before that your launching in this career should be so powerful which takes from you go here and there, get training or any chance for an audition in a studio or agency, however, if you like to start it basically from home that’s okay too, prepare yourself well, read a lot, know more about building your own studio at home (check out our article voice recording studio), and there are many platforms that will allow you to make online audition as it is mentioned in the previous paragraph.
Extra tip for you
However, we don’t recommend to do auditions all the time from home, because at home you will think that it will be more comfortable than if you go to voice over auditions and casting, but in fact, somehow it going to be more deficit, at home you are the actor and the director. You can’t get focus on your strength and weakness points objectively. You need another person to judge that.
At last, we in Ragab Voice can help you record your voice, write your script, do your mixing, sound design, or rent our studio for a mega-hit record.